Honey Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Healthy, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Author: Delicia Bale
Serves: 4 Servings
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 large carrot finely chopped
- 3 celery spears finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 500ml veggie stock
- 250ml coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to season
- Coconut Milk
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut the butternut squash in half, scoop out the seeds and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and honey then season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the squash is soft.
- Leave to cool and then scoop out the flesh.
- Meanwhile chop the carrot, celery and garlic into small pieces.
- Cook with a little bit of oil in a pot for around 10-15 minted until soft then add the butternut squash flesh, thyme, bay leaves, veggie stock, coconut milk and then cook for around 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and then blend the soup until smooth.
- Then top with some extra coconut milk, cress, hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Any leftover soup can be stored in the fridge for a couple days.