Caramelised Banana and Coconut Porridge
Author: Delicia Bale
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 1 person
- 1 Banana
- 45g (1/2 Cup) Oats
- 250ml (1 Cup) Coconut Milk
- 5g (1 Tbsp) Flax
- Dash (1/8 tsp) Vanilla Powder
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Coconut Sugar
- Chia Seed Jam
- Almond Butter
- Coconut Flakes
- Mash up half of the banana and add it into a pan with the oats, coconut milk, flax and vanilla powder.
- Stir everything together and bring the porridge to a gentle simmer and cook over a low heat until it reaches your desired thickness. This will take about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over medium heat and add in the coconut oil and sugar and stir together as they melt.
- Then chop the other half of the banana into slices.
- Once the sugar is dissolved add the banana and cook for a couple minutes on each side until the banana is slightly softened and golden brown
- Then pour the porridge into a bowl and top with the caramelised banana and as much chia jam, almond butter, coconut flakes, and other toppings you want!