Classic Pesto Pasta
Healthy, Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
Author: Delicia Bale
Serves: 4 Servings
- 80g (1 cup) of toasted pine nuts + extra to sprinkle on top
- 60g (1/2 cup) of fresh basil
- 60g (1 cup) Spinach
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 5g (2 Tbsp) of nutritional yeast
- 90ml (1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp) of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- 400g (14 oz) of your favorite pasta (I used brown rice)
- Pine Nuts
- Place all of the ingredients in the food processor and blend until you reach the desired consistency. Make sure you only use the basil leaves as they can be quite woody.
- You may need to scrape down the sides of the food processor to make sure it blends evenly.
- Then cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Once the pasta has cooked and cooled slightly mix the pesto through evenly and place it in a serving dish.
- You can leave as is or top with the ingredients listed above.
- It will last for a few days in the fridge