I had this pancake recipe on my previous blog so I wanted to bring it back this year. I really love the combination of the lemons and poppy seeds with blueberries. In the past, I have made a blueberry compote to go on top but fresh blueberries and maple syrup.
Lemon and Poppy Seed Pancakes
- 100g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 2 lemons
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- Preheat a non-stick pan over low heat and add a little bit of oil, I used coconut.
- Stir the milk, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour with baking powder and poppy seeds.
- Pour in the milk mixture and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Scoop evenly sized portions of the batter into the pan (I used 1/4 cup)
- Cook pancakes until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with blueberries and maple syrup.
If you make this recipe or any of my other ones, please make sure to tag me @nutritiouslydelicia and use the hashtag #nutritiouslydelicia