Halloween is just around the corner and I’m sharing some healthier treats and recipes with you all to make this year! For these Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups, I used dark chocolate rather than milk to reduce the sugar. And chia seeds thicken the jam/jelly part with chia seeds rather than sugar!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups
Makes 6 Cups
250g Dark Chocolate
180g (3/4 cup) Peanut Butter
90g (1/2 cup) Jam (I used chia seed jam)
- Line a muffin tin with six paper liners.
- Then melt the chocolate over low heat until smooth.
- Pour a bit into each liner and tilt to coat the sides. Save a bit to pour on top at the end.
- Place them into the fridge for around 20 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, mix the peanut butter and coconut flour together.
- Once they have set, spoon ⅙ of the peanut butter mixture and ⅙ of the chia jam into each liner.
- Then pour the remaining chocolate over and place back into the fridge until they are fully set.
Chia Seed Jam
100g (1 cup) frozen raspberries
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp Honey or Agave
- Gently heat the frozen raspberries over a low heat until thawed and mash with a fork until it forms a sauce
- Then add in the chia seeds and your chosen sweetener if you are using it.
- Leave to cool down. It will thicken up as it cools and then store in the fridge. Make sure you eat it within a week!