Seeing as the weather isn’t so nice today a veggie Shepard’s pie seems like the perfect thing to share! I’m going back to uni next week so thinking of sharing more lunch box friendly snacks and lunches again 🌱
Vegan Shepherd’s Pie
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 celery heart, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
100g button mushrooms
350g vegetarian mince @quorn_uk
1 veggie stock cube (use gluten-free if needed)
2 tbsp flour (use gluten-free or cornstarch if required)
1 tsp dried sage
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
600g potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 Tbsp dairy-free butter
2 Tbsp oat milk
1. Heat the oil in a pan and then add the onions and cook until soft. Then add the carrots, celery, mushrooms and garlic and cook for a few minutes until soft.
2. Add the veggie mince, stock cube, flour, herbs, and water and cook for around 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile boil the potatoes for 15 minutes until soft and then mash with the dairy-free butter and oat mil.
4. Place the mince mixture in an ovenproof dish and spread the mash on top.
5. Bake for around 30 minutes at 180°C. Sprinkle fresh thyme on top to serve! #nutrtiouslydelicia