Butternut Squash Soup
Makes 2-3 Portions
1 butternut squash
1 tbsp garlic olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 white onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 large carrot, grated
1 can of coconut milk
500ml veggie stock
2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC.
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into small pieces and spread evenly in a roasted tin. Drizzle over garlic olive oil and sprinkle over salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, dice an onion into small pieces and grate a carrot.
- Add to a pan with a little bit of oil and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Then add in veggie stock, coconut milk, roasted squash, turmeric, chilli flakes, and nutritional yeast and cook for a few more minutes. And make sure to season with salt and pepper.
- Make sure to save some of the coconut cream (the thick white part) to use as a topping for the soup!
- Then transfer over to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- To serve add some extra coconut cream and sprinkle over pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and cress.